Approximately 1,000 food items were collected by the School of Dual Language and Townline School for needy families within our community. Thank you Dual Language and Townline Project Change for leading this effort for our schools!
The Townline/School of Dual Language Eagle Chorus did a great job performing at the Chicago Wolves game on Veterans’ Day (Nov. 11).
Kindergarten and first grade students gave wonderful performances at the Thanksgiving celebration on Nov. 19. They sang a wide range of songs and danced. The teachers joined in when they all came together to sing “Turkey Trot Hokey Pokey.” The audience members enjoyed watching their children perform.
Second-grade students at Townline and the School of Dual Language got a special treat on Nov. 5. Writer Elliot Kalan and illustrator Tim Miller gave a presentation on writing and illustrating books. Mr. Kalan spoke about what stories inspired him as a child, and how those stories inspired him to write his own stories. Mr. Miller also spoke about his love for comic books as a child, and how that love inspired him to draw. The two of them collaborated on the book, “Horse Meets Dog,” which they read to the group. They also worked with the second-graders to create a short story, which was illustrated by Mr. Miller.
The community is invited to attend the final Referendum Community Information Sessions. One will take place Thursday, Oct. 25, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Aspen Drive Library. The final meeting will take place Friday, Oct. 26, from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Vernon Hills Village Hall. The district will share information and answer the community’s questions about the referendum at these meetings.
The Hawthorn School District 73 Board of Education is inviting the public to a series of information meetings on the two referenda questions that will appear on the November 6, 2018 ballot. The dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 9, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Elementary North Gym, 301 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL
- Wednesday, October 17, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Middle School North Gym, 201 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL
- Thursday, October 25, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Aspen Drive Library, 701 Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills, IL
- Friday, October 26, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., Vernon Hills Village Hall, 290 Evergreen Drive, Vernon Hills, IL
Spanish translators will be present at the Elementary North presentation on October 9 and the Middle School North presentation on October 17.
For more information, visit the District’s referendum website at: referendum.hawthorn73.org. If you have questions, please send an email to: email@example.com.
- Nutcracker Musical is Delightful December 14, 2018
- Physical and Health Education Newsletter December 7, 2018
- Drive Collects Food Items for Local Families in Need December 5, 2018
- Eagle Chorus Performs at Chicago Wolves Game December 3, 2018
- Order Your Yearbook Today! December 3, 2018